The aims are to:
· Create platform for identification of innovative concepts and projects submitted by applicants that could be supported by IPA;
· Promote innovation across Africa in key sectors of interest through the competition;
· Promote science, technology and engineering as rewarding, exciting and noble career options among the youth in Africa by profiling successful applicants; and
· Encourage entrepreneurs, innovators, funding bodies and business development service providers to exchange ideas and explore innovative business opportunities.
In addition, the IPA is expected to yield the following outcomes:
· Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs in Africa;
· Increased development of start-up, adoption of new and emerging technologies and accelerate growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and
· Increased economic activity and development that results in long term sustainability.